prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Warhorse Village. This post on Day 7 of trip. 5/21/12.

One of the villages that we visited while in Bath was Castle Comb. The movie Warhorse used the village for one of ts sets. Inside the church was a picture board showing scenes from the movie. I now want to see the movie. The village is used in a lot of movies. They are careful to not have any modern infrastructure visible, such as wires of antennas.

The village was lovely. It had an old old Norman church.














I had discovered that my 8th great grandfather had been baptized in Rattlesden, Suffolk in 1612 and that the baptismal used was still in use, I thought it would great to go to England and take a picture of the font. Nancy volunteered to go with me. That trip has grown into the wonderful trip that we are enjoying. There was a font in the Castle Comb that is of the same age as the Rattlesden font.








No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->