Prune picker

This is the blog site of an old man. As a native Californian I call myself a prune picker. I live in a fifth wheel trailer. My front door is 25 steps from my daughter’s front door in the Piney Woods of North Louisiana. My blogs are often silly and or trivial, and some times educational and serious. I hope that some are interesting. None are long.

Preparing these blogs seems to fill a need in my life. I am compelled to do it. It helps fill the time until I die. I always have a job to do.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Trip day 15. See you in 7.

Next Tuesday Nancy and I fly out of Paris. Nancy will fly non stop to Los Angeles. I will fly to Heathrow/London, from there to Dallas, from Dallas to Shreveport. I am scheduled to arrive in Shreveport at 10:25 pm. On Wednesday morning at 5 am I expect to be at Jefferson Corner hugging Rhonda. Gee, I hope that she works that day.

This is Tuesday which is my vital statistics check in day. I only have my steps available. Last week I walked 48000 steps or 21.8 miles or an average of 3.1 miles per day. Well today I outdid myself! While my daughter, Nancy Ann rested her body with a broken rib in the hotel room I went on a all day tour bus trip. In the morning was a trip to the Mont St Michael Abbey. In the afternoon was a D-day Beaches tour. I got a little bit mixed up at Mont St Michael and walked some extra steps. But here is the total for the day. 17000 steps or 7.7 miles! Boy am I stiff and sore. I have been training for months for the trip and I believe that it paid off in being able to make it to the top of Mont St Michael.


1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->