prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day Two. Settled in at Bath, England.

Well we did our nine hour flight from Dallas to London. Then a bus ride around Heathrow Airport to the main bus terminal. Then a two hour bus ride through some beautiful country to Bath. Our hotel "Three Abbey Green" is just a few blocks from the depot, so we walked. Nancy and I had backpacks, a small suitcase, and a large suitcase on wheels. We wandered around clunking over cobblestones and did not find the hotel, We were just about to give up and take a taxi when we found the hotel. What a nice place. A few steps from the Bath Abbey and a block from the Roman ruins.

Nancy working on a quilt on the plane.


The traffic is all on the wrong side of the road!


Scene on the road to Bath.


Nancy at the door of our hotel.



A Roman guard stands at attention across the street from the Abbey.


We were entertained.


Nancy at the front door of the Bath Abbey.


Nancy and I walked 7300 steps today and only went for a small walk looking for supper. There are a lot of steps involved with travel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->