prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tightwad Hill on Wheels!

Tightwad hill for the softball diamond has always been a couple hundred feet behind the right field fence on a rise up to the nearby street. A few games ago a pickup was backed up to the right field fence. Two of three fans would sit in the pickup bed and be at just the right height to watch the game.

This was much expanded last night at a double header game against McNeese. Seven pickups were backed up to the fence and a couple dozen fans were seated in the pickup beds. It almost looked like bleachers. They added to the ambiance with appropriate cheers.






It was a nice evening for softball. Tech won the first game but McNeese won the second.


This couple must be sports fans. They are at most games.


I had my usual great seat next to first base.









No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->