prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trip #2 to Does. As good as I remembered from Trip #1.

A crew of four assembled at Jefferson Corner.
A driver with car volunteered. He had a nice car and was well insured.
The new bridge over the Mississippi at Greenville helped. The trip from Ruston to Does Eat Place is 145 miles and takes 3 hours each way. But the meal is worth it.
We found Does Eat Place (established in 1941). It was not as busy as our last trip.

The man on the left is an armed guard.

We entered through the kitchen.

The flames are above the steaks. This makes it handy to catch the juice and pour it back over the steaks.

The four gentlemen from the Jefferson Corner Liars Club are waiting for their steaks. They are Roger Shelby, Skip Russell, Chuck Monson, and John Roebuck.


And were they good! I am ready to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->