prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Places that Chris and I frequented.

I visited Chris most every year at his apartment in Laguna Beach. He lived at 1131 Catalina Street about 4 blocks from the ocean. In his last years he was a busy blogger. He had two blogs. One he called snaggletoothie of the Loyal Opposition (It was a conservative political blog with music, pretty girls, and classic cars.). The other  he named The Chinese Jar ( It was for discussions about great books.). Until recently he posted new entries on his blogs several times a day.

We would often go for coffee on Pacific Coast Highway at the Laguna Coffee Shop.


We would sit at the table in front of the window. It was usually sunny and we would watch the traffic go by and work on solving the problems of the world.


Sometimes we would adjourn to Ruby's Autodiner. Ruby's served big greasy hamburgers and thick milkshakes. The kind of milk shake where they brought the metal mixing container to the table.

I will really miss my visits with Chris in Laguna Beach. I will also miss the long visits we had over the phone. We just almost had figured out the problems with the world! I love you, Chris.

2 comments:

  1. Mr Monson,
    I became acquainted with your blog after you visited Mr. Wells, The Field Lab, last Summer.
    You had the pictures, and brief information about your son Chris during your last visit with him. I felt for him and you as well, and I wish to extend my heartfelt sympathy to you in your loss. Looked over his blog, he was a very bright and insightful man. He was about two years younger than myself, so I feel a kindred note there as well, and admire how he handeled the challenges that life had dealt him. God decided to take him home, and he will never have pain, or be limited again, he is in exceedingly good hands. Take comfort in this my friend, you raised a fine son.

    Kindest regards,

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Wayne, so much for your kind remarks. I really appreciate them. I plan to write a brief history of Chris's life and put it on my blog. He was a great guy considering the things that he went through. Bless you. Chuck Monson

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->