prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

George J Smith, egg man and pinochle player.

This is George Smith, husband of Newie, and my wife Jackie's grandfather. He is a nice looking young man holding a document. He was a lot older when I met him in San Luis Obispo. Jackie had always lived with Newie and George. George had chickens in the backyard and harvested lots of eggs. Jackie used to help candle the eggs. George delivered many dozens of eggs to people in San Luis Obispo.

George went downtown to a card room every night to play pinochle. When he came home he and Newie would eat cheese and crackers and discuss the days Dodger game. Newie loved Sandy Koufax. She was an avid baseball fan.

1/25/11 239 49.8 131 65 65 96 3068 52 38 0.9

2 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->