prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tommy Ledford, Friend

Tommy is a good friend. Some weeks I have five, six, or seven meals with Tommy. We both have been going to the Senior Center Lunch five days a week, the VFW Tuesday breakfast, and the monthly VFW Monthly Meeting and Luncheon. I have often said "every time I see Tommy, he is eating!". He could say the same about me.

Tommy is a pleasant lunch companion. I also often see him at the Tech Basketball games.

One serious negative about going back on Nutrisystem is not going to many of meals where I get to visit with Tommy and the other good friends that are at the meals.

In the picture of Tommy and I, we are holding each other  up! On January 13, Tommy will be 90 years old! Doesn't he look grand?

Tommy was a very busy and successful plumbing contractor. He has lived in this area all his life. Like me he took time out for WW II. He and I were at Camp Cooke, California at the same time in 1943. Being a lot older than me he was a Sargent and I was  a Private in Basic Training. How come he looks younger than me?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. wow, I cant believe he is about to turn 90! I hope I will look so good at that age. And how crazy that you were both at Camp Cooke at the same time! Crazy.
    Love you Papa.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->