prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Mary Sue Davis

I had an enjoyable visit with Mary yesterday. She is an old friend from the Senior Lunch scene. She and her husband Bill and I shared many experiences watching the Lady Techsters play basketball. Mary and I also have the same model, year, and colored Toyota Camry.

Last March Mary suffered a very severe stroke. The stroke was very close to being fatal. Mary has recovered very much. She still can not speak very well and can not use her left arm and leg. But she can take care of herself, dress herself, and feed her self. She can really pump herself down the hall in her wheel chair.  For a month or so after her stroke she could not eat and was fed via a tube in her stumach.

We are all so very thankful that she has recovered as well as she has. Her smile is a radient as ever! I really jabbered to her at great length about my many adventures. I think that she enjoyed my visit. I know that I did.




6-Jan-11 247.6 50.8 125 61 70 96.5 7411 62 39 0
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->