prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tommy Ledford's 90th Birthday Party.

What a blowout! Half of Ruston must have been there. Tommy probably had worked on the plumbing of most of the guests in the years he was in the plumbing business. You know the old saying "once a plumber, always a plumber".

Here is a picture of Tommy sitting behind his birthday cake.  

The cake was made to look like Tommy's old plumbing truck.

Notice that the license plate number is 90.




These group shots were taken early in the party. Later these spaces were full of people.

Someone had made a great slide show about Tommy's life. I was particularly interested in the several slides taken at Camp Cook, California in 1943. Tommy and I were both at Camp Cook at that time. Now we are both in Ruston, Louisiana at the same time.

I want to wish Tommy many more Happy Birthdays.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->