prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

(Widower 19) Battle fought 10 months after the war was over, We won the war but lost the battle!

I am writing about the Battle of Blue Licks. I was on my way to cemeteries in Mt Olivet and Kentontown. On the way I went by the Blue Licks Battleground.  See Blue Licks.

I found lots of Munson graves in Kentontown. See Munson Graves. Also see Sgt Munson of the 1st Mounted Kentucky Rifle. But no Abner L. Monson. From the dates that I saw on the headstones I would guess that the local Munsons have died out and/or moved away.

I drove on up to Covington to see the grave of James Mart Munson (birth grandfather). In the blog of the next link is a picture of my two paternal grandfathers headstones. James in Kentucky and Charles in Kansas. Two paternal grandfathers 

While I was in the Cincinnati area I had one of my favorite meals. It is a standard delicacy of the area. I love it and would go out of my way for one. Cincinnati three way.

I was staying where the Toyota plant that made my Camry is located. Georgetown, Kentucky. I enjoyed a tour. My Camry seemed to be excited about visiting the place of her birth. I think that her is correct.

I drove from Georgetown to Rosine, the boyhood home of Bill Monroe. Maybe I can get a picture of his grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->