prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

(Widower 4) A review of my years of Widowerhood.


What have I dome since Jackie passed away? How do I occupy my time? I have discussed becoming a sportsfan. In particular a fan of Louisiana Tech sports. This fills a lot of time.

I studied genealogy and have researched several families. Monson, Ireton, Newberry, Adams, Blakley, Dinwoodie, Helmick, and Smith. I am in no way an expert. I have not completed a family line. You can always do more. Usually you run into what genealogists refer to as a stonewall and do not seem to be able to go any further. My most complete studies have been due to the help of other genealogists. I plan to do more in the future.

Sine 2010 I have been writing a blog. It is sort of a diary. I hope to reuse a lot of it in a memoir of my life. It takes up a lot of time. I attend many functions so that I can write about the activity in my blog. In my blog memoirs there is a fairly complete history of my life. I hope to publish or work up my life story to leave to my children and their children. Some day some might find my life story an interesting story.

I have been a widower in the years 2007 to 2014

2007. I drove to the West Coast. From Ruston I drove to San Diego and then north visiting family in San Juan Capistrano, Van Nuys, Bakersfield, Hanford, and Modesto. Then to Chimacum for a month. Came home through Jackson Hole.

2008. To Arlington for a service and burial of Jackie's ashes. And another trip to the West Coast.

2009. Honor Flight to Washington, DC.  Car trip to the East.

2010. Another month to Chimacum. Down the West Coast and home.

2011. Take Chris's ashes to Arlington. Trip to New Haven. Graveyard tour of Connecticut, New Jersey, and Kentucky.

2012. Three weeks England and France, spend July in Port Ludlow, which is a few miles from Chimacum. Attended a wedding in Florida.

2013. Head injury and surgery. No trips.

2014. A week trip to Oklahoma. A couple of trips to Napoleonville. Attended a Munson Luncheon Reunion in Napoleonville.

Do not know if I will have another trip this year. I will write blogs filling in some details of the above listed years. I might add some more RVing trips.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->