prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mt Olivet, county seat of Robertson County, Kentucky.

I made a trip to Mt Olivet to tramp the cemeteries that my first great grandfather, Abner L Munson might be buried in. I did not have much hope but I wanted to see the country. My grandfather, James Mart Munson, was born in Bracken County which is north of Robertson County. So Abner was in the area most of his life. These counties are up out of the bluegrass. These counties have a very small population. The land is not near as ideal as the bluegrass country down around Bourbon County.


The courthouse is small.


The people were friendly and helpful. I visited the genealogist at the library. I looked at two cemeteries. One in Mt Olivet and one at Kentontown. I found a bunch of Monsons buried at Kentontown. It was the larger and older of the two cemeteries.










The records indicate many more Monsons are buried here than I have photographed. Their stones are gone or are unreadable. But no Abner L Munson. The dates on the gravestones indicate that the Monsons have removed from this area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->