prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

(Widower 22) Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds.

Nancy and I rode the train to Cambridge from London. Nancy rented a car and drove us to downtown Cambridge, we had lunch, and looked around. A Day in Cambridge. There were many impressive college buildings. We took a boat ride on the River Cam.

We drove to Bury St Edmunds for a two night stay in a nice bed and breakfast. Bury St Edmunds is important in the birth of parliamentary government. The Nobles of England met here the year before they made the King sign the Magna Carta. You remember the old Magna Carta? The Nobles met in a large Abbey which is now in ruins. We had a nice visit to Bury and I took a lot of pictures. They are in these blogs.

Ounce House Hotel.

Bury St Edmunds

Magna Carta Country

These picture may be of interest to you.They bring back many fond memories to me.

Tomorrow Rattlesden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->