prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

(Widower 11) Third Farewell Tour almost home.

From Fort Mojave I headed east. First stop was at the Meteor Crater near Winslow, AZ.

What a hole in the ground! It is worth the short ride from the interstate. It was thought at first to have been made by volcanic activity. One scientist devoted his life to proving that it was made by a meteor. 50,000 years ago. Long before Tonto.

I took a minor change in my route to go by the Petrified Forest National Park. .Petrified Forest detour.
I had always been intrigued by this place since I saw the Humphrey Bogart movie "The Petrified Forest".

I came out of my detour at Socorro, NM. This route took me through Pie Town. My kind of place.


I headed for Big Bend country near Terlingua. See Big Bend.

Nearby was the desert home of a famous blogger, John Wells. He blogs about his construction of a self sustaining home in the desert. See John Wells  He was an inspiration to me in blogging. I check his blog almost every day. He gives the details of his construction. His home has changed a lot since 2010. I had a nice visit with John.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->