prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

(Widower 23) Rattlesden.

Here is an aerial view of Rattlesden, Suffolk, England. This is where Thomas Munson, my 8th great grandfather, was born. He was baptized in 1612. He appears in America, New England in 1637 as a soldier in the Pilgrim troops fighting in the Pequot Indian War.


The church can be seen just to the right of the center of the picture. There is a path from the church front door down to a street. Nancy and I parked on that street and visited the church. We then had lunch at the pub. See photos in this blog.  Lunch in Rattlesden.

The father and grandfather of Thomas Munson were born in Rattlesden and are buried in the churchyard. Nothing could be read from the gravestones. This blog has a map and a note about the earlier Munsons. See Earlier Munsons. I have not gone back in time any further, but should. It will give me something to do in my old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->