prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, July 25, 2014

(Widower 20) Stop for four days of Bluegrass at Bill Monroe's boyhood home.

On the way to the music festival on Jerusalem Ridge I stopped for a photo of Bill Monroe's grave in Rosine, Kentucky.

This is a blog of the festival pictures. First Day. Second Day.

That is probably enough pictures of bluegrass bands. I really enjoyed the festival. I headed home to Ruston after quite a trip. Genealogist Convention in Springfield, Illinois, take my son Chris's ashes to Arlington National Cemetery,  visit New Haven, Connecticut, Morristown, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Shanksville, Pennsylvania, Georgetown, Kentucky, and Rosine, Kentucky. I did see a lot of cemeteries and headstones. I drove back and forth over a part of Kentucky that held my ancestors for over a hundred years. I really feel a part of their history after seeing where they lived for so long.
      
Are you ready for the trips of 2012? Year 2012 is my last big trip year. (England and France, Tour of the West Coast, and a wedding in Panama City.) TheYear 2013 was devoted to brain surgery. Year 2014 was just three almost overnight trips. But Year 2015 has a trip to the Northwest. scheduled. That will be three years since the last long trip. I probably will not drive all the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->