prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Drive from Fort Mojave, AZ to Socorro, NM.

On 8/24/10 I drove from Fort Mojave Arizona to Socorro, New Mexico. I visited the meteor crater near Winslow. The crater was only a few minutes off the interstate and was a very impressive sight. The meteor hit some 50,000 years ago. It made a hole 700 feet deep and 4000 feet wide. The meteor consisted of enough metal to make 42,000 automobiles.


The large picture below is of some pretty clouds of the Southwest.



At Holbrook I turned south to Springerville (Named after Jerry Springer?).
I drove through part of the Petrified Forest National Park.



When I left Port Mojave I was on Pacific Time. Before noon the next day I had driven through the Mountain Time Zone and was in the Central Time Zone. I lost 2 hours in one day.

Below are sunset pics between Springerville and Socorro.





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->