prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Big Bend National Park.

There is some pretty scenery in the Big Bend National Park. It is remote but the Terlinqua Chili Cook Off is held every fall in nearby Terlinqua, Texas.

I had always wanted to see this park. On August 25, 2010 on my way home from the West Coast I drove through the park.

I had some neighbors in Willis, Texas that had some land near the park and went to it every year. They talked a lot about it. Jackie and I drove by the area many times, but never took the time to leave I-10 and visit it.



The scenery is not like the Tetons or Glacier National Park but it is impressive,

These peaks all have names,

but I forget them. The one below might be the Elephant Mountain.

I enjoyed my visit to the Big Bend area, but it is no match for the Piney Woods of North Louisiana!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->