prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Steps add up.

The above is a graph of my daily steps for this year. Daily steps range from under a thousand to over 7000. The average is around 3000. Under 1000 is almost like being bed ridden. I would like to double my average to around five or six thousand. Just takes time. But it would be so good for me. The steps on the graph add up to 384,000. My average step is 2.5 feet. These numbers indicate that I have walked 181 miles this year. Steps do add up. 

5/3/11 237.2 49.6 136 70 68 96.1 4540 66 49 0.1

2 comments:

  1. Papa,

    You are an inspiration!! I love how you set goals for yourself and "walk" towards them daily!!! I hope to one day have half the character that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy. I use the goal setting as an incentive.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->