prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, May 20, 2011

I am really excited about a fiddle trip!

I am going to a fiddle fest in Grove, Oklahoma. It is about 430 miles from Ruston, Louisiana. My driver is my swimming buddy and a great fiddler, Larry Hendricks. Larry was a finalist in last years fest.


This is how I have it figured, Larry will win the Fiddle Contest and I will win the Clogging Contest. First prize in each is $1000. That should pay for our gasoline and Cracker Barrel stops.


Larry and I are staying in a cabin on Grand Lake at the Honey Creek Resort just outside of Grove, Oklahoma. We might see an eagle. The fest is in eagle country.


 Everybody needs a fiddle fest every now and then. Will be there in three weeks!

5/19/11 240.6 50.2 123 59 66 96.3 4600 84 68 0



3 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->