prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Nolan Coleman. Dedicated gardener and landscaper and good guy!

Nolan was so nice to invite Rhonda and Rosa Blakley and me to see his yard at the height of spring. What a lovely, lovely place. Nolan and his family have created a beautiful place. They moved on the place in 1965. That is 46 years ago. How they got it so good looking in such a short time is beyond me. How they keep it looking so good is miraculous, especially to me. I always hated yard work and Nolan's yard requires tons of it.



Rhonda asked so many intelligent questions.



The painting on the saw blade is a painting of the house that Nolan grew up in.




These three large pin oaks were planted after Nolan moved in. He has watched them grow for 46 years.

Nolan has a problem with Canadian geese.
I have such a time getting a picture of Rhonda smiling!
Rhonda petting Polka Dot. 
Rhonda petting Blaze, 
Rhonda petting Jackson.


Blaze is a ladies man!
Gee, Mom, you mean I have to go back to work?
















No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->