prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A walk up Tightwad Hill.

Last night when I drove over to the baseball game there was not a parking space to be found in my usual area. So I drove up the hill and under the the railroad track and parked behind Tightwad Hill. It occurred to me that I had never watched a game from Tightwad Hill.


This is the view of Tightwad Hill from the bleachers.


This is a view of Tightwad Hill from the railroad tracks.


This is what the back of the scoreboard looks like. In case you have ever wondered.


This a view of second base from Tightwad Hill.


I am sure that I was the only person older than 25 years old on Tightwad Hill.



This is Charlie, the only Irish Setter on Tightwad Hill last night. Some called him Chuck and I would almost answer. Someone would pour beer on the top of an ice chest and Charlie would lick it up. He would wag his tail.

I enjoyed my trip up Tightwad Hill and watching the game from there. However, I think that I will watch the game this afternoon from the bleachers.





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->