prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Emergency Room Doctor prescribes tussin DM for my cough.


For seven or eight nights I have been coughing for hours (like all night) and not getting much sleep. I had convinced myself from past experience that nothing would help (I swallowed a lot of honey) and that only time would cure my cough. I soon became exhausted and my throat was worn out with coughing. There was no indication of improvement. I was convinced that I was going to die in the middle of the night while coughing.

Yesterday I had an appointment for an eye exam at the VA Hospital. After My eye exam I went to the Emergency Room. After 2 1/2 hours of waiting the Doctor gave me a prescription for some allergy medicine and a bottle of tussin DM (a over the counter cough syrup). Last night I took a swallow of the syrup before going to bed and slept all night! 

Why did I not go to the drug store and get some tussin DM a week ago? Sometimes I do things the hard way.

4/20/11 238 50.6 132 63 80 97.5 3300 88 71 0  

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->