prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ethan's five year soccer career ended today.

Ethan is the oldest of my nine great grand children. Ethan is hanging up his soccer shoes after five years. He played his last game today. He has decided to not turn pro. He has played on the same team with the same coach from kindergarten to the fourth grade. The coach has done a great job and has put in a lot of hours in those five years. He is Donnie Fitzgerald and deserves lots of thanks. The picture below shows him on the job this morning. Ethan is the boy in the lower left corner of the picture.


Coach Donnie's team of five years ago.


Three of the boys above were on the team all five years. From the left they are the first, third and fourth boys. They are Eli Fitzgerald. Ethan Newberry, and Sam Harris.


Can you pick out Eli, Sam, and Ethan in the latest team picture?
    


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->