prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Francis Stinson, Round Dance Cuer

This is Francis cueing the round dancers at the Caney Lake Swingers Square and Round Dance last night in Jonesboro, Louisiana.


Francis very quietly and unintrusively cues the round dancers in their dance around the circle.


I understand that Francis takes the microphone off when she goes home.

3/31/11 241.4 49.9 143 67 71 96.3 5336 63 47 0

By the way, about 2000 of my 5336 steps yesterday were square dance steps.

4 comments:

  1. Yes. It amounted to 2000 steps. I sure get exhausted.It will get easier when it is not so strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prune Picker, this is a wonderful site. I was born in Santa Ana in summer of 1949, and always lived in Fullerton until 1967.

    I wondered if you ever went over the hill to the Sunny Hills Square Dance and Round Dance Barn. It was a citrus packinghouse from probably 1900 until right after World War Two. Then folks danced in it until about 1965.

    You'd come over on Spadra (now Harbor) into north Fullerton (although Spadra became Whittier Boulevard at the La Habra line for a long time). You'd turn right at Valenca Mesa, right where they built St. Jude Hospital in 1957.

    The Barn was right behind a little shopping area we called Ranch Town, featuring Model Market.

    Or did anyone else come to dance? I can't find a photo of the Barn to save my life!

    --- Paul Saevig, Tustin, CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born in Pomona in 1925. We square danced in Long Beach in the 1970s and never did get to the Barn. We line danced and Texas two stepped later while RVing. Glad you like the site. I get a kick out of doing it.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->