prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A goal of mine is to get a photograph of each of the gravestones of my paternal grandfathers who lived in the United States.

Most of these graves are in Kentucky with a few in Connecticut and New Jersey. I might find some in close proximity to each other. I think that this would be an interesting and enjoyable quest. I have a picture of my first grandfather's grave in Covington, Kentucky. I know my 8th grandfather (first to live in America) is buried in New Haven, Connecticut. These  photos would be in the family tree I am working on.

Last week I attended a lecture on a genealogy website "Find A Grave". This afternoon I put my 8th grandfather in the website and clicked search.


There was a photograph of Thomas Munson's gravestone. Shucks. I was looking forward to going to New Haven. Maybe I will go and take a photograph myself.

Of the eight men I have two gravestone photographs. Only six to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->