prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Barbecued squirrel, deer ribs, chicken, and white perch at Paw paw's.





My son in law, John, loves to barbecue. To night he out did himself. He barbecued squirrel, chicken, deer ribs, and white perch. Some people snacked on crawfish while they waited for barbecue. 



There is lots of food in Louisiana!
.

1 comment:

  1. Good Sir,
    I found your blog from googling squirrel recipes. Although I haven't hunted 'em in over 30 years I may soon resume due to their depredations upon my bird feeder.

    You have a great site. I too have sorrow of heart that your son Chris is no longer on earth. I too am a nurse and love books, especially the Bible and history.
    God's ways are inscrutable. But if there is even a glimmer of comfort in knowing that a stranger cares then know that I do.
    Peace of Christ,
    Michael Todd
    Manchaca, TX

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->