prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

My porch was repaired today.

I spoke to my Maintenance Superintendent about my broken porch and he got right on it and it is now in first class condition. My Maintenance Superintendent is John Morgan Adams. He lives in the big house across the driveway from my trailer with my daughter Kerry Lee.


There were several boards in the porch that were in bad shape They were only in service for six years. Seems like a short life. If they had been painted they might not have rotted so fast. 






The pieces are built for steps and porches. 2 by 10 by four feet long. Cost eleven bucks each. John replaced six of them and added some 2 by 6 pieces for strength Cost $85 total. The labor was no charge. The porch looks better than new. Thank you, John. As John said we do not want the old Prune Picker to fall off a broken porch at four in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->