prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Construction started on Fort CERJL.

I believe that the name of the fort is pronounced cur gel.

My son in law John Morgan Adams is the main contractor on the job. The Fort is located in the woods about a hundred feet from the Adams house. The letters in the name of the fort, CERJL, stand for John's grandchildren, Christian, Ethan, Ross, and Johnny Lynn. They will man the Fort.


4x4s cemented in the ground


View up the path to the house.


View down the path to the Fort. John installed the railing so that people going to the Fort would not fall down the hill.



John said that at his age it was tough to carry the 4x8 pieces of plywood to the Fort by himself. I could not have done it when I was young!



Nailing the floor.

Construction has slowed due to the weather, Christmas, and deer hunting. I will keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->