prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Party at the Senior Lunch.

My second party on Christmas Eve was at the Senior Center at 10:30 am. I had a chance to rest after my first party of the day at Jefferson Corner at 5 am.


Rachel Latham was the MC for the program.


Ernestine Powell gave a reading.


Riley Baker recited "The night before Christmas"


Rachel led the singing of a Christmas Carol while Barbara Harrison played the poano.


Twelve ladies did 12 "geese a laying". It was a lot of fun.


Panoramic view of the hall.


Liz White told the Christmas Story.


Michelle Wright, the Center Director, greeted everyone.



We were served salad and pizza. Then we dug into a lot of delicious deserts. Sure was good!



All participants in the party were given a present. See my blanket, Socks, and wool cap? It was a nice party with much visiting. The Senior Center is a great social place.

I guess two parties in one day are enough. I just coasted in the evening. It is now Christmas morning and I am waiting for the excitement to begin in the Adams, Newberry, and Miller families. Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->