prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

William Munson b 1767

Not all Munsons have been Captains or Missionaries. William was born in 1767. He lived in Milford, Connecticut. His grandson Marcus J. made the following statement.

My grandfather used to spin twine, in the old fashioned way, for seines. I used to go there and turn wheel for him.There is a tradition that William was arrested for spinning on Good Friday. He darkened his windows and muffled his wheel, but was detected and fined; after lengthened litigation he was defeated. By these proceedings he lost the greater part of his property.


Imagine! spinning twine on Good Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->