prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Grace Munson Wheeler. 1792 to 1892.

I have distant cousins that are female. Grace is one of them. She was born and died in New Haven, Connecticut. She lived for some time in New York City. She died eleven years after my father was born. Her father served in the Revolutionary Army. Her husband was the captain of a gun boat in the War of 1812.

She can remember her father coming into a room and stating that Washington had died. He went on a condolence trip to Mount Vernon to see Mrs Washington.

When President Monroe visited New Haven, of the 18 veterans of the Revolutionary War presented to him, her father Major William Munson had the honor of being the first.

In her home documents bearing the signatures of Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Jackson, Knox and Hancock could be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->