prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Drew Monson, Internet TV Star.

This is my grandson Drew who lives in Modesto, California.


Drew was just written up in the Modesto Bee. The article is below. We sure hope that he wins the contest. My congratulations to Drew for being a finalist in the contest. Yea! Drew.


 -- A 16-year-old Beyer High School student is among the first six finalists in a nationwide online talent contest to find a "mass participation" Internet TV star. Drew Monson will get $10,000 and a trip for two to Hollywood if he is named the winner at the end of this month. Jonathan Frakes (Commander Riker on "Star Trek: The Next Generation") will choose the winner from 18 finalists at the end of this month.
Contestants had to submit audition videos for "Beckinfield," an online science-fiction "mass participation" series on www.theatrics.com where anyone can create a character and be part of the story. Beckinfield is a small town where mysterious things happen, like UFO sightings. Monson, who makes comedy videos on his YouTube channel www.youtube.com/ mytoecold, said he found out about the competition while researching online video contests. He said he was surprised and excited to make it into the finals. If he wins, he'll probably save the money. "It would be good for after high school," he said. "I wouldn't have to worry too much about what to do. I would have money to live somewhere for a while."

2 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->