prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My son Chris passed away one year ago today.

We miss Chris. He was known as snaggletoothie of the Loyal Opposition to his internet friends. He had many friends in the blogosphere who eloquently expressed their regard for Chris and sorrow for his passing.  It was such a sad accident. I look at his blog everyday. This picture is on his blog. Click to see Chris's Blog.


Chris and I were in a cafe booth when I pointed the camera at him. He made this face for me. It was about two years before he passed away. I miss our hour long conversations so much. He was an intelligent gentleman. I am so proud of him.

Yesterday I received a card from the Arlington National Cemetery stating that a new headstone had been put on our gravesite. The stone has Chris's name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->