prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Was I disappointed!

I had information that my third great grandfather, Samuel Munson had died in the cholera plague of 1833 and was buried in the Millersburg Cemetery in Millersburg, Kentucky. In fact one source said that his grave was in a forty foot square fenced area with the graves of other Munsons. I walked all over the cemetery with no luck.  I bent over many a gravestone. I have an appreciation now of how the face of a gravestone can weather away in 150 years. I am trying to find someone who can help me find his grave. The sign says 1860 but my great grandfather was buried in 1833. He must have been buried in an older cemetery.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->