prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Daniel Boone.

Some would say that Daniel Boone discovered and was responsible for the settlement of Kentucky. My fourth and third great grandfathers (both named Samuel Munson) were in Kentucky at the same time as Daniel Boone. As I have reported in a blog a cousin of mine was a participant in a double wedding with Squire Boone. (brother of Daniel. Squire was his name, not a title.)

I found Daniel's grave in the Frankfort Cemetery. It was not hard to find. It is on a bluff facing the Kentucky State Capitol.



Daniel has a large monument.



There a bas relief on all four sides of the monument. This one matches his life story. The Indians in the area really loved the place and fought hard for many years, attempting to drive out the white man.


This plaque reviews Daniel Boone's life.


A thought has occurred to me. So many graves, so little time!





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->