Prune picker

This is the blog site of an old man. As a native Californian I call myself a prune picker. I live in a fifth wheel trailer. My front door is 25 steps from my daughter’s front door in the Piney Woods of North Louisiana. My blogs are often silly and or trivial, and some times educational and serious. I hope that some are interesting. None are long.

Preparing these blogs seems to fill a need in my life. I am compelled to do it. It helps fill the time until I die. It gives me something to do everyday.

Friday, September 2, 2011

My Family Tree courtesy of The Munson Foundation.

I sure picked a family that had data available. Several years ago I started work on my family tree. I have found my American paternal grandfathers back to my 8th great grandfather. Boy I must be a great genealogist, right? Wait a moment, I must admit that this 3000 page five volume set of books on my ancestors helped.


My father is mentioned in Volume III. The books have lots of information on my New England ancestors. There are photos and lots of interesting stories. 


This is a copy of the document that established New Haven, Connecticut. It was signed on June 4, 1639. My 8th great grandfather Thomas  Munson signed it. His signature has a hand pointing  at it.


These books are published by The Munson Foundation. I have joined the foundation. I owe my family tree success to them.











No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->