prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

9500 steps today!

That is the most steps that I have taken in recorded history. Have been recording steps since December of 2010. Previous highs were around 7000 steps. But I sure am sore and tired. I walked 3 1/2 blocks over to the Lincoln Library and Museum. And back. While there I went through the library and the museum. Walked by the old state capital building.


The new capital is peaking through between buildings on the right.


Impressive railroad station. Now an information center.


The exhibit booths  opened at the convention and I walked around them 2 or 3 times. I talked to the ladies in the Kentucky Archives booth about my Kentucky great grandfathers.





I even attended an 1 1/2 hour workshop on the use of MS Word in genealogy. I am beginning to realize how complicated and demanding professional genealogy work is. I made two trips back to my hotel room during the day. That added to my steps.





1 comment:

  1. Keep it up and you'll walk me into the pavement in London.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->