prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Visit to Washington, DC. Sept 2011.

This blog is to present some pics from my trip to Washington. The non Arlington Cemetery part of the visit. This is a picture of the Butcher home in Potomac, Maryland. I have been visiting this home for many years. It is a pleasant sight.


This is Daryl and Jane Butcher. Daryl is the son of my sister Jean. Jean, in many ways, was a mother to me. I feel that Daryl is a brother as much as a nephew of mine.


Jane is very nice and is also a gourmet cook. She cooked two wonderful dinners. One with salmon and one with halibut. Each of the meals had an exotic vegetable. Exotic to me. Lentils and boc choy. 



Daryl and I walked down the mall. We saw the front of the Smithsonian and other sights.





We went though the Holocaust Museum.


I took some pictures as we drove by the Martin Luther King Monument.




I thought that this rose on Jane's table was a beautiful color.









No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->