prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, September 9, 2011

This FGS Convention sure demands a lot of getting out of chairs.

I went to six one hour presentations today. I had to get out of a chair every time as the next class was in a different room. 4500 steps just going to classes.

Wednesday, Sep 7, classes were:
1. Copyright issues.
2. Building a website.
3. Effective editing and writing.

Thursday, Sep 8, classes were:
4. Workshop on using Word.

Friday, Sep 9, classes were:
5. Civil War Veteran records.
6. Power Point presentations.
7. Search techniques with FamilySearch.
8. Whats new at FamilySearch?
9. Tracing Scot-Irish Ancestors.
10. Apps Galore for the Genealogist.

Tomorrow will  be just as full as today. I may attend a lecture on Twitter!

Here is a picture out of the past. It is a pumper well in the Coalinga oilfield in Fresno County, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->