prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Driving toward Shanksville, PA on 9/11/11.

Ten years ago today Flight 93 crashed into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania. I have always had a big place in my heart full of admiration of and sorrow for the brave people who brought the plane down. I wish that I could have been at the monument for the dedication ceremony but it did not work out. I will be driving 10 to 12 hours today and will spend the night close to Shanksville.

1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->