prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Was my 8th great grandfather Thomas Munson Danish?

Some authorities believe that the ancestors of the Munsons in Eastern England were Danes. The Danes conquered this area several times. The town of Rattlesden where Thomas Munson was baptized in 1612 is named from the Rattles River and the Danes who established the town around 900.

I have always been partial to a Cheese Danish. The name Monsen is very common in Denmark today.




The Church at Rattlesden.


The baptismal font that was used to baptize Thomas Munson in 1612. Still in use today.


The tavern in Rattlesden where Nancy and I had lunch in 2012. Two hundred years after Thomas Munson was baptized in 1612. The baptismal font is about fifty yards from this tavern.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->