prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

I take a lot of pills!

Ever since my heart attack and stent installation I have had several prescriptions. Some more have been added by the doctor and I have added some.


Thirteen bottles, weekly pill holder, and a pill cutter.


I keep them in a tool box.


Ten in the morning and thirteen in the evening.

I know a man, 99 years old, who does not take any pills. They are a pain to keep up with and to take. I ran out of one prescription on a tour of the West Coast and thought that I would just do without. Unfortunately by the time I got home to Ruston I could just barely pee. That prescription shrinks my prostrate. I make sure that I do not run out of it again.

Prescription         Reason for taking
Allopurinal           Gout 
Attenolol               Blood pressure
Lisonopril             Blood pressure
Pravasatin             Cholesterol
Terazosin              Prostrate
Pantoprazole         Heartburn
Aspirin                   Blood thinner
Vitamin D3          Immune system

Item                       Why I take
Astragalus              Tonic, immune system
Cranberry               Urinary system
Fish oil                    General
Multivitamin           General
Pysillium                 Fiber

I hope that your life is pill free!


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->