prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dr H P Jones. Retired ULM History Professor.

Dr Jones gave a spirited lecture on the War of 1812 at the Northeast Louisiana Historical and Genealogical Society meeting in Monroe today. Dr Jones was  a Marine in the Korean War, earned a Doctorate at Ole Miss, and taught history at the University of Louisiana at Monroe for 47 years.

Dr Jones really knows his subject and I enjoyed his lecture.












2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Chuck,
    Dr. Jones was one of the most popular professors at ULM (NLU back then) when I was a student there. If I remember correctly he would start each semester off with a grand entrance into the classroom. It seems like I remember hearing that he was carried into class in a coffin once! I didn't have him for any of my many history classes but several of my friends did. He had a reputation for being fun but tough. I am glad to see that he is still sharing his knowledge.
    Much Love,
    Andrea (A.B.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Jones is the BEST professor I have EVER had in my Life!!!! I am a teacher now. I Loved that Man's Spirit!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->