prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

snaggletoothie of the Loyal Opposition.

My son Christopher David Monson (1948-2011) wrote a blog with the title "snaggletoothie of the Loyal Opposition" from October 2007 to January 2011. When Chris passed away there was a heart warming response from several dozen bloggers in his part of the blogosphere. These folks expressed great admiration for the posts that Chris put on his blog. They further said that they would miss his intellectual, loving, conservative writings. You could tell that he was very well thought of and admired. My family and I were touched by the remarks of his friends.

I think about Chris every day. I have his blog on my computer and in my daily use of the computer I see his blog title page. The first post contains my favorite picture of him.



Chris 's blog has 3445 posts over the three plus years that he was blogging. I have always had the thought in my head as to just what impressed his friends so much. I decided that I would review and read those 3445 blogs. I have so far read 400 of them. Chris was a very conservative person who grew up in a liberal atmosphere. He was a liberal in his youth. He came to his conservative beliefs on his own during his rather tough life. He had many painful medical problems. He was a conservative Christian believer.

He did not care for Obama. He did not care for or have much sympathy for liberalism. His blogs span the appearance and election of Obama. Much that I have read so far is discussions of liberalism and Obama. I am looking forward to reading the rest of his blogs. In his last years Chris and I had many long talks. I am thankful for that. I wish there had been more.

Incidentally his blog is still available on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->