prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, October 8, 2012

I had cold legs at the football game.

When I went to watch my great grandson Ross play football in West Monroe on Saturday I ran into Rhonda and her family. Her sister Tina Lorraine and family were in the next field to watch Tina's grandson play in a game. Sometimes Tina works with Rhonda at Jefferson Corner in the morning. Tina is a great cook.


In the picture above is Rhonda's Mom Rosa Lee, Rhonda Ray and Michael Ray. Rhonda and Michael have been married for two weeks now. (I went to their wedding on the beach at Panama City.) It was good to see that they are still together.





 

Tina is the brunette seated in the front row. In the last picture, Rhonda who loves animals is holding a puppy. The puppy is the newest member of Tina's family.

Beside puppies, Rhonda is also kind to helpless old geezers. It was very cold with a light wind blowing. Like a dummy I was wearing shorts. I was seated next to Rhonda for a moment and she asked me if my legs were cold. Like a fool I told her the truth and answered yes. First thing I knew she had taken off one of her light sweaters off and put it on my legs! Rhonda is just tender hearted when it comes to dumb critters.

This old guy went to his car and got his blanket. I carry three chairs, a blanket,  and two or three layers of clothing in the trunk of my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->