prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A wonderful surprise this morning at Jefferson Corner.

Andrea Beckler has been reading my Prune Picker blog for a couple of years. She has made many nice comments and signed them AB. It was always a mystery who AB was. Well this morning she was exposed. She was commissioned by Mike Ray to do an art work for a wedding gift to his bride, the former Rhonda Blakley. She recognized Rhonda as the lady in so many of my blogs. She decided to do this nice thing for the Old Prune Picker, Mr Chuck. She asked Rhonda to deliver an art work for me and wrote a lovely letter that I will treasure. When I entered Jefferson Corner for Liars Club meeting this morning Rhonda presented with the artwork and the letter. She requested John Roebuck to take pictures. John is a good photographer.




That is a lovely work of art. A sketch of a California Quail. I do not have a wall big enough for it in my trailer. Maybe my daughter Kerry Lee can hang it in her house.


What a lovely letter. It made me feel so good. It makes me want to keep on blogging.







No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->