prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bylaws, blogs, and memoirs.

I am starting on a busy time in my life. I will be devoting a lot of time to the Lincoln Council on Aging Bylaws. I have discovered that there is some confusion and a need for an up to date revision of these bylaws.

I have had a lot of experience in working on bylaws. I spent 17 years helping on the bylaws for the Evergreen Coho Resort in Chimacum, Washington. Many revisions were required over the years. I have been on the Board of Directors of the Lincoln Council on Aging for five years. Recently I have had reason to use the present bylaws.

I think that I have the experience and temperament to help write and get a revision put in place for the Lincoln Council on Aging. As the present President of the Council I plan to establish a committee to help me in this work.


I have a lot of go by material. The State of Louisiana recommended bylaws, the Ouachita and Union Parish Council on Aging Bylaws, and two versions of the Lincoln Parish Council on Aging Bylaws.

This should fill up a lot of time. I will also be blogging every day, and I plan to start seriously writing down memories of my life. Is it too fancy to say "my memoirs"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->