prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, August 1, 2014

(Widower 25) Train ride to Paris, France.

The train ride from Normandy to Paris was interesting. We took a taxi to our room. We took lots of walks. Much of the tourist parts of Paris were within walking distance. We took bus rides. Boat rides on the Seine were fascinating. We took a couple of walks on the Shawnt a la shay. I am not sure of the spelling, but that is how you say it. See Shawnt a la shay. Notice that I paid around 11 or 12 bucks for a cup of coffee.

I have been to Paris, California, Paris, Kentucky, Paris, Texas, but this was my first trip to Paris, France. Here are some pictures from a tour bus. See Paris tour.

A nice walk from the room was to the Luxembourg Park. We saw chess games, toy sailboats, and sword play. See these two blogs. Walk in park.  and Chess and Swords.

Nancy and I were two happy travelers. One more blog on Paris tomorrow and then we fly home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->